|Request Course Calendar by Mail|
Art Classes: Program Streams
All classes may be taken for general interest or for credit toward the University of Saskatchewan Certificate of Art & Design (USCAD) program. Our instructors are highly acclaimed professional artists.
Choose courses from our major streams including
- practical art history & survey courses: introductions to selected histories and methods of the visual arts. These studio-based courses are foundational to all fine arts, design, media arts & digital program streams >> learn more
- drawing: the basis of almost all art-creation, a good foundation in drawing is essential to all art and design courses >> learn more
- painting: courses build on drawing and 2D design skills as they are applied to painting principles and techniques. Oils, watercolours and acrylic paints are used in various classes >> learn more
- sculpture: courses examine elements, principles and processes of three-dimensional design through a variety of media including soapstone, plaster, clay, metal, stone, wood and found objects >> learn more
- photography: courses examine essentials of film and darkroom practices along with modern digital photography including camera functions, techniques, lenses, shutter speeds, aperture control, digital recording etc. >> learn more
- digital art & graphic design: learn the tools of the trade used by professional graphic designers and digital artists. Courses cover Adobe CS 5.5 software (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) >> learn more
- design: foundational design basics for artists and crafts people >> learn more
- electives: including glass, jewelry making, fiber art, printmaking, writing etc. >> learn more
Classes start in September and January. Some classes are available in Spring and Summer.
To learn more about our programs, events and up and coming art shows, join our email list. Your address and personal information will be kept confidential.
Call Jasmin Fookes at 306.966.5530.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To receive course and event updates:
Your personal information will remain confidential and you can always opt out.