Community Art Courses
Our instructors are highly acclaimed professional artists.
Choose courses from many different areas
- practical art history & survey courses: introductions to selected histories and methods of the visual arts. These studio-based courses are foundational to all fine arts, design, media arts & digital program streams
- drawing: the basis of almost all art-creation, a good foundation in drawing is essential to all art and design courses
- painting: courses build on drawing and 2D design skills as they are applied to painting principles and techniques. Oils, watercolours and acrylic paints are used in various classes
- sculpture: courses examine elements, principles and processes of three-dimensional design through a variety of media including soapstone, plaster, clay, metal, stone, wood and found objects
- photography: courses examine essentials of film and darkroom practices along with modern digital photography including camera functions, techniques, lenses, shutter speeds, aperture control, digital recording etc.
- Adobe Creative Suite: learn the tools of the trade used by professional graphic designers and digital artists. Courses cover Adobe CS 5.5 software (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- design: foundational design basics for artists and crafts people
- craft: including glass, jewelry making, fiber art, printmaking, writing etc.
Classes start in September and January. Some classes are available in Spring and Summer.
Call Jasmin Fookes at 306.966.5530.
Email us at email@example.com