Art Shows & Events
Showtime! Art Exhibitions, Art Spaces & You
Saturday March 12th - 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Registration opens February 15th
A Community Arts Workshop designed to introduce the ‘ins and outs’ of showing artwork. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about
- types of galleries—parallel, artist-run centres, public, commercial, etc.,
- galleries on the U of S campus,
- how to approach galleries (proposals, portfolios, c.v., etc.),
- how to prepare artwork for exhibition—matting, framing including different types of frames that can be used more than once and other types for different media such as watercolour, oil, acrylic, drawing, etc.,
- guidelines for hanging artwork in a gallery space including height from floor, labels, etc.,
- how to write artist statements,
- how to create a permanent record of artwork through slides, etc., and
- how to prepare invitations—an overview of promotion including press releases.
Location: void gallery, 312 Ave B South
Workshop Leader: Michael Peterson, owner
Refreshments are included
11th Annual USCAD Instructors’ and Certificate Students’ ART SHOW: ‘Expressive Inspiration’
February 29 to April 29, 2016
Opening Reception: Friday, March 4, 2016, 7:00 to 9:00 pm
USCAD certificate students are encouraged to participate in this show that is annually held in the spring. It is an excellent first step towards fulfilling aspirations of becoming a professional practicing artist.
Location: St. Thomas More Gallery, U of S Campus
Coordinators: Linda Stark, Curator, St. Thomas More Gallery; Jasmin Fookes, Program Manager, USCAD
For information on how to submit, please see the USCAD Calendar.
Call Jasmin Fookes at 306.966.5530.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org