Art & Design Programs
- Art Classes: Explore your creativity and develop skills in drawing, painting, sculpture, photography, glass, jewelry making, fiber art, graphic design, art history and more. These courses help you gain confidence as you develop your portfolio. Our classes are taught by highly acclaimed professional artists.
- For children and teens from age 6 to 15, AYAP provides foundational tools that help them develop skills in various visual art forms. Programs are also offered for home-schooled children.
- Art camps offered during summer and Easter breaks for kids from age 5 to 15. Children learn techniques in drawing, painting, printmaking, mixed media, and sculpture. Fresh air and outdoor activity is part of the daily schedule.
- Art Shows & Events: Annual student and instructor art shows, gallery workshops and more. These events are open to the public.
- Practical art history & survey courses: introductions to selected histories and methods of the visual arts. These studio-based courses are foundational to all fine arts, design, media arts & digital program streams
- Drawing: the basis of almost all art-creation, a good foundation in drawing is essential to all art and design courses
- Painting: courses build on drawing and 2D design skills as they are applied to painting principles and techniques. Oils, watercolours and acrylic paints are used in various classes
- Sculpture: courses examine elements, principles and processes of three-dimensional design through a variety of media including soapstone, plaster, clay, metal, stone, wood and found objects
- Photography: courses examine essentials of film and darkroom practices along with modern digital photography including camera functions, techniques, lenses, shutter speeds, aperture control, digital recording etc.
- Adobe Creative Suite: learn the tools of the trade used by professional graphic designers and digital artists. Courses cover Adobe CS 5.5 software (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Design: foundational design basics for artists and crafts people
- Craft: including glass, jewelry making, fiber art, printmaking, writing etc.
|Community Arts Course Guide