|Request Course Calendar by Mail|
Art Shows & Events
Luminosity: USCAD Certificate Student Graduate Show
August 12 to 22, 2013 at the Gordon Snelgrove Gallery, Room 191 Murray Building, University of Saskatchewan Campus >> learn more
Congratulations to our 2013 grads: Tammy Gebhardt, Sara Greer, Heather Hochbaum, Marian Janzen, Thom Knutson, Laurie Korol, Jacqueline Kurtenbach, Keitha McClocklin, Valerie Poulin, Betty Sadoway, Patricia Simonson and Gloria Wingerter
University of Saskatchewan Certificate of Art & Design (USCAD) Information Sessions
September 3, 2013: 7:00 pm in room 118, Williams Building.
January 6, 2014: 7:00 pm in room 118, Williams Building.
Learn about USCAD, our Art & Design Certificate Program. The Williams Building is located at 221 Cumberland Ave. N. Parking is available on Cumberland Avenue or at meters behind the building.
Showtime! Art Exhibitions, Art Spaces & You
Saturday, February 8, 2014 from 1:00 to 5:00 pm
A USCAD Program Workshop designed to introduce students to the ‘ins and outs’ of showing artwork. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about
- types of galleries—parallel, artist-run centres, public, commercial, etc.,
- galleries on the U of S campus,
- how to approach galleries (proposals, portfolios, c.v., etc.),
- how to prepare artwork for exhibition—matting, framing including different types of frames that can be used more than once and other types for different media such as watercolour, oil, acrylic, drawing, etc.,
- guidelines for hanging artwork in a gallery space including height from floor, labels, etc.,
- how to write artist statements,
- how to create a permanent record of artwork through slides, etc., and
- how to prepare invitations—an overview of promotion including press releases.
Location: Snelgrove Art Gallery, Room 191.1 Murray Building, U of S Campus
Workshop Leader: Michael Peterson
Fee: $35/person (for USCAD students) • $45/person (for everyone else)
Refreshments are included
9th Annual USCAD Instructors’ and Certificate Students’ ART SHOW: ‘Collaboration’
Dates: March 3rd to April 25th 2014
USCAD certificate students are encouraged to participate in this show that is annually held in the spring. It is an excellent first step towards fulfilling aspirations of becoming a professional practicing artist.
Location: St. Thomas More Gallery, U of S Campus
Coordinators: Linda Stark, Curator, St. Thomas More Gallery; Val Miles, Program Manager, USCAD
Call Val Miles, Program Manager at 306.966.5530 or Carol Koch, Office Coordinator at 306.966.5574.
Email us at email@example.com
Join our email list to receive updates about courses and events.