Special Education Certificate (SPEC)
This Post Degree Certificate is delivered online
- This certificate is recognized by Saskatchewan Education as meeting Special Education teacher qualification requirements and has been approved as an Additional Qualification Certificate that enables K-12 teachers to upgrade their classification. >> visit the Sask Learning Website to learn more.
- SPEC is designed to be completed in 2 years, but may be completed in up to 5 years.
Course content was developed based on the International Council for Exceptional Children’s Standards for entry into the profession.
The program is comprised of 30 credit units of special education classes, which qualifies you to teach special education based on Saskatchewan Learning requirements.
- This program is offered through partnership with the University of Saskatchewan Department of Educational Psychology and Special Education.
To qualify for this program, you need:
- a Bachelor of Education Degree
- a valid Professional A Teaching Certificate
- at least one year of successful classroom teaching experience (or equivalent experience in an education related setting)
- to have completed at least six credit units of undergraduate courses in Special Education
|Course Info Sheets|
EPSE 500 W01
EPSE 510 W01
EPSE 530 W01
EPSE 551 W01
EPSE 551 W03
SPEC includes the following courses:
- EPSE 500.3: History and Philosophy of Special Education
- EPSE 510.3: Supporting Students with Language and Communication Needs in the Classroom
- EPSE 520.3: Supporting Students with Learning Disabilities in the Classroom
- EPSE 530.3: Supporting Students with Behavioural and Social Needs in the Classroom
- EPSE 540.3: Collaboration Processes and Contexts
- EPSE 551.3: Designing Supports to Meet Diverse Student Needs
- EPSE 560.3: Providing Supports to Meet Diverse Student Needs
- EPSE 570.3: Individual Project in Special Education
- Six Credit Units of Electives
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 306.966.5253