Aspiring Young Artists Program (AYAP)
Intermediate Art Classes for Tweens and Teens
- AYAP provides young artists with the tools to develop their visual art skills.
- This program encourages an interdisciplinary approach to creativity and creates a solid foundation for visual art techniques.
- It also encourages portfolio development in a fun and supportive environment.
- Students experiment with a variety of media to determine where they want to focus their attention. The program then branches off into areas of specialization so they can concentrate on one area.
- Each class will finish with a group art exhibition.
- Courses run once a week for 22 weeks from September to April over two terms.
- All classes are held at the Williams Building on the U of S Campus at 221 Cumberland Avenue North in Saskatoon.
Online registration is not available for children's programs. Please call 306.966.5539 to register your child.
2013 to 2014 Class Schedule
|Drawing & Painting I (age 8 to 12: Intermediate)||Term 1: Wednesdays from Sept. 18 to Nov. 22
Term 2: Wednesdays from Jan. 22 to April 9
|4:00–5:30 pm||Robin Adair||Williams Studio 118||$450 for the full year (includes materials)|
|Drawing & Painting II (age 10 to 14)||Saturdays from Jan. 18 to April 5 (one term only)||2:00–4:00 pm||Elizabeth Babyn||Williams Studio 118||$250 for 11-weeks (includes materials)|
|Photography/Graphic Arts (age 11 to 15)||Term 1: Thursdays from Sept. 19 to Nov. 28
Term 2: Thursdays from Jan. 23 to April 10
|6:30–8:00 pm||David Mandeville||Williams Studio 120||$500 for the full year (includes materials, digital
Call Val Miles, Program Manager at 306.966.5530 or Carol Koch, Office Coordinator at 306.966.5574.
Email us at email@example.com