Ecology Camps for Kids
- Offered during February and Easter and summer school breaks for kids from 8 to 11 (plus one Junior Leader from 12 to 17).
- Ecology Camps are a fun, hands-on experiential learning opportunity for kids.
- Weeklong, full-day camps where your child participates in an enriched program of daily field trips and nature study in and around Saskatoon.
Rainforest Ecology Camp (April 21 - 25, 2014),
This 5-day camp begins on April 21st and runs through April 25, 2014 and focuses on rainforest ecosystems and their wildlife. We study the tropical rainforests of Costa Rica, the Amazon, Africa, and the British Columbia temperate rainforest. Every day we hike on field trips around Saskatoon, with walks on the MVA trail, Wanuskewin Heritage Park, Saskatoon Zoo and Forestry Farm, Pike Lake, and the University of Saskatchewan campus. As an added bonus, campers will experience hands-on visits from socialized tiger salamanders, brown bats, and a garter snake!
- To register please call: 306.966.5539 (Sorry, there are no Junior Leader spots for this camp.)
Summer Ecology Camp
We offer various ecology-based summer camps during the summer school break months of July and August. Check out our 2014 Ecology Camps brochure and below for information on the kinds of camps we offer.
- Your child will visit scientists and learn about rocks, fossils, plants, insects, fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals with a focus on Saskatchewan’s Endangered Species, and then undertake environmentally friendly projects to help them!
- Camp size is limited to 12 campers, 1 Junior Leader (aged 12 - 17) and two instructors.
- Travel to off-campus sites is via 15-passenger van.
- To Register call 966-5539
|June 30 - July 4 (4 days)||9:00 am to 4:00 pm*||8 to 11 years||$215.00**||Camp 1: Bird Banding|
|July 7 - 11||9:00 am to 4:00 pm*||8 to 11 years||$265.00**||Camp 2: Dinosaur Ecology|
|July 14 - 18||9:00 am to 4:00 pm*||8 to 11 years||$265.00**||Camp 3: Insect Ecology|
|July 21 - 25||9:00 am to 4:00 pm*||8 to 11 years||$265.00**||Camp 4: Marine Mammals|
|July 28 - August 1||9:00 am to 4:00 pm*||8 to 11 years||$265.00**||Camp 5: Endangered Species|
|August 5 - 8 (4 days)||9:00 am to 4:00 pm*||8 to 11 years||$215.00**||Camp 6: Wetland Ecology|
|August 11 - 15||9:00 am to 4:00 pm*||8 to 11 years||$265.00**||Camp 7: Dinosaur Ecology|
|August 18 - 22||9:00 am to 4:00 pm*||8 to 11 years||$265.00**||Camp 8: Insect Ecology|
|August 26 - 29||9:00 am to 4:00 pm*||8 to 11 years||$265.00**||Camp 9: Marine Mammals|
*Before/After care from 8-9 am and 4-5 pm add $25 ($20 for 4 day camps) ** One Junior Leader spot is available for each camp at $200 ($175 for 4 day camps)
Thank you to our Sponsors