Distance Education

How to become an off-campus instructor (sessional lecturer)

All instructors must have their credentials approved by the appropriate department and college on campus. For example, the head of the Biology department, College of Arts and Science, must approve the instructor for BIOL110. 

If you are interested in teaching off-campus classes you can submit an application with your CV to a department within a college for pre-approval.

All off-campus teaching positions are categorized as Sessional Lecturer positions and are posted on the U of S Human Resources website.  The posting schedule can be found in the Sessional Lecturer Agreement
Apply here for a sessional lecturer posting or for pre-approval. Please read all the information on this site for a better understanding of how off-campus instructors are selected and reimbursed.

Once an instructor has been chosen, a formal letter of appointment will be issued by the Distance Education Unit.


Email us or call 306.966.2251