|CERTESL Spring & Summer Handbook
Certificate in Teaching English as a Second Language (CERTESL)
Canada's most-recognized distance-delivered English as a Second Language (ESL) teacher-training program.
Next Application Deadline: April 1, 2014
Why choose CERTESL over other programs?
- It is the only distance-delivered ESL/EFL teacher-training program that is recognized everywhere in Canada.
- CERTESL provides ESL training for both adult and K to 12 teachers.
- CERTESL addresses the largest possible range of second/additional language learning needs: immigrants, refugees, international students, overseas students and Aboriginal Canadians.
- Every course in the CERTESL program offers the same learning as a typical 3-credit third or fourth year university course. You get more for your tuition dollar than you do from most other certificate programs.
- CERTESL has double the content of the most widely-delivered programs for overseas teaching. With CERTESL, you qualify to teach almost anywhere in the world.
- Some course options within CERTESL can be applied to some University degrees. Contact our Academic Advisor for details.
- K-12 teachers in Saskatchewan and Ontario can earn specialist endorsements on their teaching certificates and move up the salary grid by following the right CERTESL path.
- Our instructors are academically qualified and most teach ESL classes. Their knowledge comes with years of classroom experience.
- CERTESL allows for transfer of credit from other programs. If you have taken a reputable ESL/EFL teacher-training program in or outside of Canada, your learning may be credited toward CERTESL. Contact our Academic Advisor for information.
- This award-winning program is accredited by TESL Canada and TESL Ontario, and is accepted by TESL Saskatchewan and Alberta TESL.
For details regarding regional, national and international qualification, see the CERTESL Accreditation Manual.
We provide personal one-on-one academic advising to help you best decide your career path. Please email our CERTESL Academic Advisor or call 306.966.2085 for a consultation.
Students who complete CERTESL may also transfer 100 hours of their coursework into the Certificate in Adult and Continuing Education (CACE) program.
To Apply, download the CERTESL application form, follow the guidelines, fill it in and mail it to our office with the admission fee enclosed.